Phase 2, BRTOD Concept Alternatives
Purpose: Gather feedback on draft land use and access elements of BRTOD concepts; March-May 2018
- Harding High School 10th-grade geography students, October 8-9, 2018
- Online engagement open through October 5, 2018 provides information from the Overview above, and questions from the most current Response Sheet
- District Council presentation and feedback session: August 20, 2018 and again on September 17, 2018 beginning at 6:30 pm, 804 Margaret Street, Saint Paul. Participants to contribute via online survey above.
- Gold Line Open Houses for the entire corridor organized by the Gold Line Project Office; everyone is welcome:
- Tuesday, July 17, 5:00–7:00 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 1730 Old Hudson Road, Saint Paul
- Wednesday, July 18, 5:00–7:00 p.m., Guardian Angels Catholic Church, 8260 4th Street North, Oakdale
- Community feedback session for Wilson Hi-Rise residents, early August 2018: See presentation. Participants contributed using a Response Sheet
Phase 1, Constraints and Opportunities
Purpose: Provide information about the project, and opportunities and constraints for each station area; gather stakeholder feedback on station area issues in order to identify specific station area objectives (October-early November 2017)
- Handout: BRTOD Overview
- Presentation, Community (see below)
- Community feedback session hosted by the District 4 Dayton’s Bluff Community Council for St Paul station areas at Mounds Boulevard, Earl, and Etna; October 11, 2017, 6:30-8:00 pm at Dayton’s Bluff Recreation Center 800 Conway St, St Paul. Participants contributed using a Response Sheet.
- Online tool: Open October through early November; provided basic information about the project and the questions from the Response Sheet (above)
Engagement results: In-person and online engagement provided feedback on draft station-area constraints and opportunities. Feedback will help shape specific station-area objectives and guide access and land use alternatives.
- Compilation, including both in-person and online contributions
- Key objectives identified for this station area:
- Consider station relocation
- Create a safe station environment
- Consider park and ride
- Ensure safe walking and biking
- Promote mixed-use development
- Manage traffic and congestion