Phase 1, Constraints and Opportunities
Purpose: Provide information about the project, and opportunities and constraints for each station area; gather stakeholder feedback on station area issues in order to identify specific station area objectives (October-early November 2017)
- Handout: BRTOD Overview
- Presentation, Community (see below)
- Community Feedback Session, hosted by the District 4 Dayton’s Bluff Community Council for St Paul station areas at Mounds Boulevard, Earl, and Etna; October 11, 2017, 6:30-8:00 pm at Dayton’s Bluff Recreation Center 800 Conway St, St Paul. Participants contributed using a Response Sheet.
- Online tool: Open October through early November; provided basic information about the project and the questions from the Response Sheet (above)
Engagement results: In-person and online engagement provided feedback on draft station-area constraints and opportunities. Feedback will help shape specific station-area objectives and guide access and land use alternatives.
- Compilation, including both in-person and online contributions
- Key objectives identified for this station area:
- Preserve and promote neighborhood historic character
- Preserve and enhance environment for existing business
- Preserve parking and auto access for Hudson Road businesses
- Create a safe station environment
- Ensure safe walking and biking
- Promote compatible development